RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA POLICIES
The following policies have been established in order to guarantee compliance with the Fair Housing Act and to ensure all prospective applicants are processed equally.
Applicants and Fees
- A complete application is required from every prospective tenant, over the age of 18, who will be residing in the home. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Each Applicant must provide proof of identity with state issued ID
- A non-refundable application fee of $55.00 per application must be received, via certified funds or online, before any application can be processed.
- If a co-signer is required, the co-signer must complete and submit an application and $55.00 application fee. If approved, Co-signers will be considered wholly and equally responsible on the lease agreement.
- If there are Co-applicants, the disqualification of one applicant may cause denial of all applicants.
Tenant Selection Criteria
Main Street Property Management uses a third party provider for the credit and background check – applicant is responsible for disputing any information that appears on the report they believe is incorrect. Tenants are screened on the following criteria:
- National Credit History check: a credit check is processed by a 3rd party screening company
- A collection from a previous landlord or apartment community within 7 years is grounds for automatic denial.
- Burden to disprove credit report information lies with prospect.
- National Background check: background and sexual offender search processed for each applicant.
- An eviction record within 7 years is grounds for automatic denial.
- Felony convictions, sex offenses, and domestic abuse can be grounds for denial.
- Income verification: Gross monthly income greater than 3x monthly rent for single applicants or 4x times monthly rent for multiple applicants is required.
- Proof of income required: paycheck stubs, tax returns or bank statements acceptable
- Rental references: two years of satisfactory rental references requested or proof of mortgage.
If an applicant does not meet the above criteria, approval of the application may be submitted to the property owner who may approve or deny the application based on the information provided in the application screening, in compliance with Fair-Housing criteria.
Applicants are NOT accepted on a “first-come, first-served” basis; and due to our fiduciary relationship with the owner, if more than one (1) application is submitted before approval can be achieved, we are required to select the highest rated application for placement. All applicants will be notified of a multiple application scenario.
- Animals are approved on a case-by-case basis with consideration made for the type of animal(s), size, age AND the quality of the application(s) submitted.
- A separate Animal Application MUST be completed prior to approval.
- Restricted breeds list available upon request.
- These policies do not apply to assistance animals.
Tenant Benefit Package
All of our tenants are automatically enrolled in our Tenant Benefit Package at a price of $37.00 per month in addition to rent. Additional info can be found HERE. The following items are included as part of the package:
- Tenant Liability Insurance ($10,000 contents coverage – $100,000 personal liability coverage)
- Free Online ACH payments
- HVAC filter delivery to your doorstep every 60 days
- Monthly Credit reporting of timely rent payments
- An Online tenant portal allowing you to submit work orders, see account balances and lease copies
- Emergency Maintenance response 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- One-time waiver of a late fee up to $75.00 per year
- Citizens Home Solutions utility concierge
- If an application(s) is approved, a holding deposit equal to one month’s rent must be paid with certified funds within 24 hours to secure the property
- The lease must begin within two weeks of application approval date. Failure to sign lease and occupy premises will result in forfeit of holding deposit.
- A full first month’s rent, in certified funds, is required upon move-in date. If there is a prorated amount it will be due upon the second full month of the lease period.
- Utilities must be transferred into Tenant’s name as of the date of possession.
Supporting documentation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 850-316-4240
- Proof of Income
- Driver’s license
- Pictures of Animals
By clicking the “APPLY ONLINE NOW” button below, you confirm that you have read, and agree to above mentioned criteria and requirements for application.Apply Online